Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backuping MS SQL

2008-07-14 04:06:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backuping MS SQL
From: Peter Buschman <plblists AT iotk DOT com>
To: Marek Simon <marek.simon AT trustica DOT cz>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:05:33 +0200
Hello Marek:

Which SQL command are you trying to use?  There are several ways to
backup SQL Server databases with Bacula.

If you post your bacula-dir.conf or the complete Job resource,
perhaps we can help.

1.) Shutdown the database server prior to the backup and restart it
after the backup RunScript directives.

( These commands can be run from the Windows command shell or a batch file )

NET STOP MSSQLSERVER
NET START MSSQL SERVER

2.) Take a dump of the running database to a separate directory and
back-up that directory.

( This SQL command can be scheduled from a SQL Agent job or run from
the command-line or a batch file using the osql command )

BACKUP DATABASE MyDatabase TO DISK='C:\Backups\MyDatabase.bak'

Kindest regards,

Peter Buschman