Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] BAT : Maximum Volume Bytes limit in the GUI?

2008-07-09 04:24:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] BAT : Maximum Volume Bytes limit in the GUI?
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Dirk Bartley <bartleyd2 AT chartermi DOT net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:03:37 +0200
On Sunday 01 June 2008 21:54:45 Dirk Bartley wrote:
> Greetings Birger
>
> Looking at this, the spin box widget has a value that is an interger.
> The max value of the spin box has a max value which is (2 ** 31) - 1 or
> 2147483647.  So it looks like it is an signed 4 byte integer.
>
> Does this not meet the requirements??  The next possibility to try would
> be a double which would be a floating point number.  Icky.
>
> I guess it would always be possible to just say that this number in the
> box is in megabytes instead of bytes???

Dirk,

I consider this to be a bug that should be fixed.  There are a good number of
values in Bacula that need to be 64 bits, including the Maximum Volume Bytes.
I would suggest that if Qt does not have 64 bit spin box values that we should
turn it into a simple text box and allow the user to type in any number he
wants including certain trailing qualifiers.  The code to do this can be
pulled, or even access directly in the Bacula core library.

Best regards,

Kern