Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Auto changer permissions problem

2008-07-08 10:55:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Auto changer permissions problem
From: "Jan van Stekelenburg" <jstekelenburg AT nl.clara DOT net>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:55:42 +0200
Russell Sutherland wrote:

>  I am having problems labeling tapes.  I have a FreeBSD 7.0 system:
>
>  FreeBSD backup.utoronto.ca 7.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p2
>
>  with a DELL-PV-122T 8 slot tape drive.
>
>  The btape tests work just fine. ( See the output below.)
>  When I run bacula and try to label at tape, I get the
>  following permissions error:
>
>  Connecting to Storage daemon Storage-tape at
>  backup.cns.utoronto.ca:9103 ...
>  Sending label command for Volume "Vol-1" Slot 1 ...
>  3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
>  3991 Bad autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command:
>  ERR=Permission denied.

Hi,

You could fix this by "whoring" your changer device permissions,
- although not recommended for public machines - something like this
will do the trick;

   /etc/devfs.rules:
[localrules=10]
add path 'ch*' mode 0777

   /etc/rc.conf
devfs_system_ruleset="localrules"

Obviously you can tighten your devfs rules in a sane way. ;)

Jan.