Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore only user

2008-07-03 05:09:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore only user
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:07:52 +0200
Hi,

03.07.2008 09:32, Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Im very new to bacula.
> Im have a working bacula 2.4.0 - all seems fine.
>
> Im want to give rights to restore only to someone in my company but im
> dont want to give a full admin rights.
>
> If some way to do this? With GUI or not.

You can do this by defining a restriced console for this user.

Onfortunately, this is not really user- or role-based. ACLs are
related to client machines.

But if you have consoles available on a limited number of computers
that user can access it can be done.

I don't know if BAT supports ACLs - you'd need lots of commands
allowed at least. bconsole is ok, though.

> If im miss it in docs - show me it.

http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0014180000000000000000

and use the information about "named consoles" and ACLs.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann