Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] mt - device always busy

2008-06-29 12:02:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] mt - device always busy
From: James Bowes <james.bowes AT shaw DOT ca>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:25:06 -0700
Hi folks.

I am stumped. Previously I was able to successfully test the both drive
and changer using btape. Then I started getting I/O errors...

I was going to redo the bacula set up but so far I can even get to that
point. I can't even get a status from the tape device /dev/nst0. I made
sure all the bacula-daemons did not start on a reboot but nst0 is still
busy - all I get from mt -f /dev/nst0 is /dev/st0: Device or resource
busy.

Using Ubuntu 8.04, Bacula 2.2.8 and a DLT8000.

Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.

--james