Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Cross-architecture tape backward compatabiltiy

2008-06-23 06:46:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Cross-architecture tape backward compatabiltiy
From: James Cort <james.cort AT u4eatech DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:45:47 +0100
Dear All,

I'm looking at rebuilding the server that (amongst other things) is my
SD/Director using an amd64 version of Linux (it's currently running an
x86 version).

Will the minor architecture change affect my ability to read tapes
created prior to rebuilding the server?  I know the goal is to maintain
compatability of the on-tape format between versions, but I don't know
if that includes endian-ness and C data type independence.

Many thanks,

James Cort

--
James Cort