Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-fd wrong pid dir

2008-06-22 17:23:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd wrong pid dir
From: RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <king AT computerking DOT ca>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 15:23:12 -0600 (MDT)
Hello all i have installed (with the help of this excellent support forum)
Bacula 2.4.0 on ubuntu 6.0.6 LTS from source i am quite proud of myself.
Started out with a client only install to do an emergency rescue on the local
machine.

Ran into a snag while installing bacula-fd only ie client only install I did
not configure a PID directory so bacula-fd picked
/var/run/bacula/bacula-fdsomething.  This directory does not exist and
bacula-fd cannot start however when i create this directory bacula-fd works
like a charm.  Upon reboot the directory gets deleted and bacula-fd cannot auto
start.

I decided that i needed a full blown install of bacula and istalled it with
these options.

./configure --enable-smartalloc --with-pid-dir=/var/run --with-mysql

On this install i assigned a PID directory hoping Bacula would reinstall
bacula-fd with this new setting. bacula-dir and bacula-sd work perfectly and
have PID's in /var/run.  However bacula-fd still tries to run in
/var/run/bacula/ i even tried a client only install with the PID option overtop
of the working full install mentioned above but still bacula-fd will not pickup
the PID change.

I do not know where this is being called from as /etc/init.d/bacula-fd has this
line about the PID.  Same as bacula-sd and bacula-dir both are working
correctly but not bacula-fd why?

PIDFILE=/var/run/${NAME}.${BPORT}.pid

/etc/bacula-ctl-bacula-fd has this line also the same as bacula-sd and
bacula-dir but not working in bacula-fd

PIDDIR=/var/run

Computer King & CaN Mail  -  Sales Service Hosting Backup

http://www.computerking.ca     http://www.canmail.org

NEW!!! Custom Service Packages
Secure IMAP Email - Automated Remote Backups - Photo Blogs - Online Accounting
Packages