Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] mysql ERR=Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

2008-06-21 09:10:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] mysql ERR=Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
From: "Jason A. Kates" <jason AT kates DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:09:42 -0400
I think that I found this from another thread.  I had read the thread
but I thought it didn't apply since I can create temp tables:
http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg01145.html

It seems that I am using more than my 8GB of /tmp for temporary tables
when the I get the insert error.

I have mysql using /tmp for temp tables:
none                  8.0G  1.3G  6.8G  17% /tmp

This is a mysql error that I will fix.
                        Thanks -Jason

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 08:51 -0400, Jason A. Kates wrote:
> Has anybody else experianced this error with bacula:
> 20-Jun 23:07 bacula-dir JobId 30430: Fatal error: sql_create.c:822 Fill
> File table Query failed: INSERT INTO File (FileIndex, JobId, PathId,
> FilenameId, LStat, MD5)SELECT batch.FileIndex, batch.JobId, Path.PathId,
> Filename.FilenameId,batch.LStat, batch.MD5 FROM batch JOIN Path ON
> (batch.Path = Path.Path) JOIN Filename ON (batch.Name = Filename.Name):
> ERR=Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
>
> If you did what was your fix?  I am getting about one of these a night.
> If I rerun the job it runs fine.
>                               Thanks -Jason

Jason A. Kates (jason AT kates DOT org)
Fax:    208-975-1514