Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Tape Storage No medium found

2008-06-20 09:20:53
Subject: [Bacula-users] Tape Storage No medium found
From: "Yuri Timofeev" <tim4dev AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 16:20:49 +0300
Hi

(I did not subscribe to bacula bagtracker. Email with the password to
me did not come.)

I did update Bacula from 2.2.5 to 2.4.0.
If in TapeStorage (nothing autochanger) no tape, formerly I recieved
email, example :

Bacula: Intervention needed ... Please mount Volume ...

Now (2.4.0) do not get.

The job ends with an error.

Error: Could not open device "devTapeStorage1" (/dev/tape-nst0):
ERR=dev.c:432 Unable to open device "devTapeStorage1"
(/dev/tape-nst0): ERR=No medium found
Fatal error: job.c:1817 Bad response to Append Data command. Wanted
3000 OK data, got 3903 Error append data

See log file in attach.

I tested the tape :

# /usr/sbin/btape -c bacula-sd.conf /dev/tape-nst0
* test
[...skip]

All tests is OK.

--