Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore only user

2008-06-19 14:30:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore only user
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:29:31 +0200
Jari Fredriksson schrieb:

> > Im very new to bacula.
> > Im have a working bacula 2.4.0 - all seems fine.
> >
> > Im want to give rights to restore only to someone in my
> > company but im dont want to give a full admin rights.
> >
> > If some way to do this? With GUI or not.
> >
> > If im miss it in docs - show me it.
>
> Yeah, that is a feature needed in some enterprises. Unfortunately
> (as far as I know) Bacula has no internal access administration, but
> as long as anyone has any access to bconsole he can do whatever she
> likes.
>
> Feature not implemented.

That's not true. Console ACLs do exist.

http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Console_Configuration.html

JobACL, ClientACL, StorageACL, ScheduleACL, PoolACL, FileSetACL,
CatalogACL, CommandACL

It's a bit tricky to set it up and one should carefully test if the ACL
really does what it should. But basic restrictions can be realized.

Ralf