Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to change the umask of the bacula storage daemon (bacula-sd)

2008-06-19 07:38:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to change the umask of the bacula storage daemon (bacula-sd)
From: "richard.hauswald" <richard.hauswald AT dser DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 04:37:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Thomas,
thanks for your reply. I tried do something with libpam-umask but this
package is not well documented and it did not its job. So i tried your
approach. While doing this i found an option (--umask) in a binary called
"start-stop-daemon". This one is used to start or stop bacula-sd in the init
script in my Debian Etch distribution. I Added a variable called UMASK and
modified the appropriate lines in the start and restart section. Now it
works like charm.

But I'm afraid of the day where they update the init-scripts :-( - Do you
know, where to ask for including umask support for the bacula-sd?

Thanks again,
Richard