Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Exclude with WildDir. Linux server, Windows client

2008-06-17 15:37:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Exclude with WildDir. Linux server, Windows client
From: Drew <usernumber1000 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:37:12 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,

I was unable to find anything in the archives, so forgive me if this is a
question that's been answered before.  My server is version 2.2.8 on Linux and
the client is a Windows box.  I am writing to local files, not a tape drive.
If I have a WildDir using {x,y} the files are not being excluded.  For example,
the following works...

WildDir = "[A-F]:/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Temp"

but this does not..

WildDir = "[A-F]:/Documents and Settings/*/{Local Settings,LOCALS~1}/Temp"

I've tested this using estimate and running a backup.  My (shortened) FileSet
is below:

FileSet {
  Name = "Winderz"
  Enable VSS = yes
  Include {
    Options {
      Signature = MD5
      Exclude = yes
      IgnoreCase = yes
      EnhancedWild = yes
      DriveType = fixed

      # Exclude directories full of lots and lots of useless little files
      WildDir = "[A-F]:/Documents and Settings/*/Cookies"
      WildDir = "[A-F]:/Documents and Settings/*/Recent"
      WildDir = "[A-F]:/Documents and Settings/*/{Local Settings,LOCALS~1}/Temp"
      WildDir = "[A-F]:/Documents and Settings/*/{Local
Settings,LOCALS~1}/History"
      WildDir = "[A-F]:/Documents and Settings/*/{Local
Settings,LOCALS~1}/Temporary Internet Files"
      WildDir = "[A-F]:/Documents and Settings/*/Application
Data/*/Profiles/*/*/Cache"

     <snip...multiple excludes removed so not so long>

    File = "C:/"
    File = "E:/"
    File = "F:/"
  }
}

FYI, I started this from the example in the manual and tweaked.  Thank you for
your time,

Drew