Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] USB disk automount problem

2008-06-13 06:53:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] USB disk automount problem
From: Jorge Cabello <jorge AT aspl DOT es>
To: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:53:38 +0200
El jue, 12-06-2008 a las 12:07 -0400, Josh Fisher escribió:
> Jorge Cabello wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been trying to configure Bacula to use a USB disk without
> > success. The backup process works fine as the file is saved in the
> > directory where the USB disk should be mounted but this (the usb disk
> > mount) never happens.
> >
> > It looks like the mount command is never executed.
> >
> >       * Mount and unmount commands work fine at the console.
> >       * bacula-sd is currently running as root so it isn't a permissions
> >         problem.
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
> >

> > Here is my bacula-sd Device configuration:
> >
> > Device {
> >   Name = FileStorage
> >   Media Type = File
> >   Archive Device = /mnt/bacula
> >   Mount Point    = /mnt/bacula
> >   Mount Command = "/bin/mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/bacula"
> >

> This could be your problem. How do you know that udev always assigns
> /dev/sdb1 to the USB drive when it is plugged in?

System is configured to always assign the same device (sdb1) to that
drive.

> >   Unmount Command = "/bin/umount /mnt/bacula"
> >   LabelMedia = yes
> >   Random Access = Yes
> >   Automatic Mount = yes
> >

> This could be a problem too. AutomaticMount=yes line should be removed.
> I think it is deprecated, but perhaps it can still cause problems.

Ok. Removed but no luck.

> >   Removable Media = no
> >

> This should probably be 'Yes' to tell Bacula to search for a usable
> volume on the drive.

I changed it to 'no' to try to find the problem. Again set to 'yes'.

> >   AlwaysOpen = no
> >   Requires Mount = yes
> > }
> >

> > With debug (bacula-sd running with -d100 option) I get the following
> > outputs:
> >
> > *mount
> > x-server-sd: dircmd.c:187 Message channel init completed.
> > x-server-sd: dircmd.c:513 Found device FileStorage
> > x-server-sd: dircmd.c:551 Found changer device FileStorage
> > x-server-sd: dircmd.c:576 mount cmd blocked=0 3906 File device
> > "FileStorage" (/mnt/bacula) is always mounted.
> >

> Because AlwaysOpen=no, Bacula expects to have to open the device before
> using it. Also, because RequiresMount=yes, Bacula expects to have to
> mount the device before opening it. So this might be a misleading
> message, meaning that manual mounts are not allowed for the case where
> AlwaysOpen=no and RequiresMount=yes??

I check documentation and AlwaysOpen is ignored in File storages.
Anyways, removed and still failing.

Could it be a version problem?
Using Debian Etch package: Version: 1.38.11 (28 June 2006)