Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to Migrate from one Pool to two Pools and then to one Pool

2008-06-10 07:31:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to Migrate from one Pool to two Pools and then to one Pool
From: "Mario Constanti" <Mario.Constanti AT x-cellent DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:31:04 +0200

Hello,

we use bacula to backup our Servers. Each Server has an own Job to make an inkrementall backup every Night from Monday to Saturday.

Every Sunday we make a full backup of each server.

Now i want to add some special Settings:

-          The Sunday-full-backup should be migrated every Monday to a Tape.

-          On the first Monday of a Month it should become my „Month-Backup“.

-          The other Mondays of the Month should become my „Week-Backup“

I think I need two Pools (Month and Week) because I want two different volume retentions for the Month-Backup and Week-Backup!

I have now created a Month – and a Week-Migration Job.

But how could i start from my Sunday-Pool (where the Fullbackups are stored) the migration to two different pools?

Here is my config:

bacula-dir.conf (only the important sequenzes)

Job {

  Name = "Migrate-Vol-Monat"

  Type = Migrate

  Level = Full

  Client = backup

  FileSet = "Full Set"

  Messages = Standard

  Pool = Monat

  Schedule = "Monatsmigration"

  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4

  Selection Type = Job

  Selection Pattern = ".*Backup"

}

Job {

  Name = "Migrate-Vol-Woche"

  Type = Migrate

  Level = Full

  Client = backup

  FileSet = "Full Set"

  Messages = Standard

  Pool = Woche

  Schedule = "Wochenmigration"

  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4

  Selection Type = Job

  Selection Pattern = ".*Backup"

}

###

### Only one of the Backupjobs

###

Job {

  Name = "PolluxBackup"

  Type = Backup

  Client= pollux

  FileSet="Pollux Set"

  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"

  Storage = File

  Messages = Standard

  Pool = Default

  Where = /tmp/bacula-restores

}

Schedule {

  Name = "WeeklyCycle"

  Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Default mon-sat at 1:05

  Run = Level=Full Pool=Sunday sun at 1:05

}

Schedule {

  Name = "Weekmigration"

  Run = Level=Full Pool=Week 2nd-5th mon at 10:00

}

Schedule {

  Name = "Monthmigration"

  Run = Level=Full Pool=Month 1st mon at 10:00

}

# Definition of DLT tape storage device

Storage {

  Name = DLTDrive

  Address = backup

  SDPort = 9103

  Password = *************

  Device = DLT

  Media Type = DLT8000

}

Storage {

  Name = File

  Address = backup

  SDPort = 9103

  Password = **************

  Device = FileStorage

  Media Type = File

}

Pool {

  Name = Default

  Pool Type = Backup

  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes

  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes

  Maximum Volume Bytes = 1G

  Next Pool = Tape

  Storage = File

  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes

  Volume Retention = 40d              # 40 days

  LabelFormat = BackupVol-

}

Pool {

  Name = Tape

  Recycle = yes

  Pool Type = Backup

  AutoPrune = yes

  Storage = DLTDrive

  Volume Retention = 365d

}

Pool {

  Name = Sunday

  Recycle = yes

  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes

  Pool Type = Backup

  Next Pool = Tape

  AutoPrune = yes

  Storage = File

  Volume Retention = 60d

  LabelFormat = Sunday-

  Maximum Volumes = 40

}

Pool {

  Name = Month

  Recycle = yes

  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes

  Pool Type = Backup

  Next Pool = Tape

  AutoPrune = yes

  Storage = File

  Volume Retention = 365d

  LabelFormat = Month-

  Maximum Volumes = 20

}

Pool {

  Name = Week

  Recycle = yes

  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes

  Pool Type = Backup

  Next Pool = Tape

  AutoPrune = yes

  Storage = File

  Volume Retention = 60d

  LabelFormat = Week-

  Maximum Volumes = 20

}

Should I add a “copy-Job” from the Sunday-Pool to the Month – and Weekpool?

But I think that doesn’t work, because I can only add one “Next Pool”

Greetings

Mario Constanti