Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Migration Tape -> File

2008-06-06 04:58:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] Migration Tape -> File
From: Vladimirs Vecgailis <v.vecgailis AT netcarrier DOT eu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:57:51 +0200
Hi all,

following question:

i have several jobs, that i would like to migrate from one tape to an another
tape.
Because i habe only one LTO4-drive i have to do it using an FileStorage as
intermediate storage.

So the way of the data will be:

OldTape -> FileStorage -> NewTape

I defined a Job for the migration:

########################
Job {
  Name = "Migration: SelType: job; WeeklyPool to FilePool"
  Type = Migrate
  Client = bacula-dir-server-fd
  Level = Full

  Pool = WeeklyBackups
  Fileset = "server-xyz fileset"
  Selection Pattern = "*server-xyz*" # the job-names of the client are
"server-xyz backup"

  Selection Type = Job
  Messages = Standard
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
}
########################

In the "WeeklyBackups"-Pool definition i've added the entry

########################
[...]
Next Pool = FilePool
[...]
########################

So far, so good.

When i manually starting this migration job i get following dialog:

########################
*run
A job name must be specified.
The defined Job resources are:
     [...]
     24: Migration: job : WeeklyPool to FilePool
     [...]
Select Job resource (1-45): 24
Run Migration job
JobName:       Migration: job : WeeklyPool to FilePool
Bootstrap:     *None*
Client:        bacula-dir-server-fd
FileSet:       server-xyz fileset
Pool:          WeeklyBackups (From Job resource)
Read Storage:  msl2024 (From Pool resource)
Write Storage: File (From Storage from Pool's NextPool resource)
JobId:         *None*
When:          2008-06-06 10:39:36
Catalog:       MyCatalog
OK to run? (yes/mod/no):
########################

Everything seems to be correct - Source-Pool, DestinationPool etc.

Excepting the main thing - the "JobId" !!!!!!!

Thats my problem. Somehow bacula doesn't offer me the list of the job-ids of
the client..

If i go on in the dialog, and enter "mod[ENTER]" i get folling options:

########################
OK to run? (yes/mod/no): mod
Parameters to modify:
     1: Level
     2: Storage
     3: Job
     4: FileSet
     5: Client
     6: When
     7: Priority
     8: Pool
Select parameter to modify (1-8):

So - no possibility to select/enter the JobId..

Any hints what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Vladimirs Vecgailis