Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir virtual memory limit during restore

2008-06-03 20:18:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir virtual memory limit during restore
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: baculausers <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 02:18:29 +0200
Hi, again...

03.06.2008 16:52, John Kloss wrote:
> I am trying to restore 2.5 terabytes of data composed of 6.5 million
> files.
> How does one recover 2.5 terabytes and 6.5 million files using the
> latest version of bacula?

I forgot to mention that, besides creating a bootstrap file manually
and "running" that, you could also use bextract to get at your data.
As long as you don't run jobs concurrently without spooling, creating
a usable bootstrap file is simple, though time-consuming. But all the
data you need exist in the catalog... it's just a matter of finding
the right query.

See here for how a bootstrap file is designed:
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Bootstrap_File.html#BootstrapChapter

The (SQL) code that builds the bootstrap file is - probably - in the
src/cats directory of the source distribution...

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann