Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole curses problems

2008-05-23 10:11:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole curses problems
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 16:10:44 +0200
On Fri, 23 May 2008 10:47:32 +0100, Martin Simmons wrote:
On Fri, 23 May 2008 09:39:27 +0200, Tilman Schmidt said:

We're talking about the file src/console/conio.c here, right?
The one starting with the comment:

/*
       Generalized console input/output handler
       A maintanable replacement for readline()

          Updated for Bacula, Kern Sibbald, December MMIII

       This code is in part derived from code that I wrote in
       1981, so some of it is a bit old and could use a cleanup.

*/

:-)

Right.  Some people call the cleanup "GNU Readline" :-)

Ok, fine. Given that "configure --disable-conio" does fix the problems
I reported (I just verified that), I have the following suggestion:

1. make --disable-conio the default

2. build the RPMs with --disable-conio

To whom would I best address these requests? Should I open a bug in
the bugzilla?

Thanks,
Tilman

--