Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Email Command

2008-04-21 09:20:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] Email Command
From: pichi <pboynton AT fbsa DOT es>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 06:16:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I have beeen trying to get Bacula to send email and I just cant seem to get
it to work. I have read the manuals on bsmtp and I am not getting anywhere.
I am running Bacula version 1.38.11-8 on Debian Etch. The mail server is
running Debian Etch, Postfix , and Dovecot.

This works:

# /usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h mail.dobbs.es -s Test -f bacula AT backup.dobbs DOT
es
pete AT dobbs DOT es

I write my test message, start new line, Control+D, and voila! the mail
shows up in my mailbox.

Its when I try and get fancy with the -s option that things break:

 /usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h mail.dobbs.es -s \"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r" -f
bacula AT backup.dobbs DOT es pete AT dobbs DOT es

Which gives me prompt like this:

I do a Control+D and I get this:

> -bash: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
-bash: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Thank you for any help you can give,

P.