Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Console very slow when restoring large directories

2008-04-08 13:20:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Console very slow when restoring large directories
From: Jürgen Kuri <Juergen.Kuri AT webde DOT de>
To: "Rob Horton" <robh AT dongle.org DOT uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 18:28:57 +0200
Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for your reply.

It appears that this isn't a general problem so must be something with my
setup. I don't think it's a database issue or disk IO issue - typical iostat
output is

`-> right, this is my opinion too, this is not a database issue.

avg-cpu:  %user   %nice    %sys %iowait   %idle
          23.58    0.02    0.32    1.35   74.72

Device:            tps   Blk_read/s   Blk_wrtn/s   Blk_read   Blk_wrtn
sda              11.40       163.20        23.90       1632        239
sdb               0.00         0.00         0.00          0          0
hda               0.00         0.00         0.00          0          0

I'm not really sure what else to try.

I'm running 2.2.8, using PostgreSQL 8.1 as the database on SuSE 10.1
`-> I have a similar configuration: bacula 2.2.8, PostgreSQL 8.3.1 SuSE
Enterprise SLES9

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Rob