Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Ever-shrinking SD spool size

2008-04-08 11:54:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Ever-shrinking SD spool size
From: Jesse Peterson <jesse.peterson AT exbiblio DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 08:35:38 -0700
Hello,

I've got an SD configured to spool 50 GB at a time. Unfortunately,
however, over the course of a month or so the spool size has been
gradually getting smaller. First from 50 to 20 GB, then to 16, and now
to 3 GB. Interestingly this appears to be tied to the director somehow
for when I restart the director  (but not the SD) it appears to go
back to 50 GB again. This is a director 2.2.7 and an SD 2.2.4.

08-Apr 08:20 host-sd: Spooling data again ...
08-Apr 08:26 host-sd: User specified spool size reached.
08-Apr 08:26 host-sd: Writing spooled data to Volume. Despooling
3,134,575,897 bytes ...

The "user specified" spool size has not really been reached per above
as my spool size in my bacula-sd.conf is:

         # job spooling
         Maximum Spool Size      = 53687091200 # 50 GiB
         Spool Directory         = "/var/spool/bacula"

If I were to guess I'd say the size decreases seem to be correlated to
botched backup jobs (either interrupted or failed jobs).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Jesse

P.S. Please reply-all as I subscribe to the digest and may not
immediately see replies. Thank you.