BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.1.x vs. MacOS rsyncd - SOLVED

2017-07-10 10:32:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.1.x vs. MacOS rsyncd - SOLVED
From: Josh Malone <jmalone AT nrao DOT edu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 10:32:07 -0400
On 7/10/17 9:47 AM, Josh Malone wrote:
On 7/7/17 10:50 AM, Bob Katz wrote:
Dear Josh: I've got OSX working totally with backuppc using rsyncd on OSX11. My method is described in detail below, I've posted this in the past, but I can't find the message on the server right now so I'm reposting. Hope this helps!

Thanks, but I'm trying to figure out why BPC 3.x worked with the stock OSX rsync and now 4.x doesn't. I really can't install homebrew and a second rsync on all my OSX machines just for backuppc.

Is there a way to affect what rsync command gets run so I can remove the s option?

-Josh

I finally traced it down to the --protect-args option which I've deleted from the RsyncArgs config for my Mac host and all seems well. The short option "-s" for "--protect-args" was just not parsable by my brain until now.

-Josh

       Joshua Malone       Systems Administrator
     (jmalone AT nrao DOT edu)    NRAO Charlottesville
        434-296-0263           www.nrao.edu
        434-249-5699 (mobile)