BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Trying to limit my backups

2017-06-21 17:31:15
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Trying to limit my backups
From: Jeffrey West via BackupPC-users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 17:30:27 -0400

All,

I am having a heck of a time trying to limit my backups.   I only want to backup the following directories on my machines.

C:\Users

C:\ProgramData

I am backing up via SMB.  I have tried every combination but cannot get it to only include these two directories along with their subdirectories and all their files.

My smbsharename is C$

I tried C$\Users and also c$\ProgramData, but it choked on that

I then went back to c$ for the smbsharename and started playing with the following

BackupFilesOnly

And

BackupFilesExclude

Anyone have any idea how to limit my backups to just these two directories?

Jeff West
Systems Engineer
Riptide Software
Office