BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_migrateV3toV4 failing

2017-06-16 07:22:09
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_migrateV3toV4 failing
From: Daniel Berteaud <daniel AT firewall-services DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:21:48 +0200

Le 16/06/2017 à 06:25, Craig Barratt via BackupPC-users a écrit :
Daniel,

It looks like it is reading a V3 file, and the file size from the attributes is bigger than how much data it read from the file.  This is probably due to some sort of disk data corruption.

That'd be odd, as I have the same error for all of my hosts (and the pool is only ~6 months old, running v3.3.2 until now, on ext4, no power outage or anything else)

At line 722 of /usr/share/BackupPC/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm there is this code:

$md5->add(substr($$dataRef, $seekPosn, 131072));

You could try replacing that with this:

$md5->add(substr($$dataRef, $seekPosn, 131072)) if ( length($$dataRef) >= $seekPosn );

It's now running, but I'm not sure yet what is being done. Will try to report when it's finished. How can I check everything went fine ?

++
--

Logo FWS

Daniel Berteaud