BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Fuse filesystem to explore backups

2017-06-15 05:00:46
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Fuse filesystem to explore backups
From: Daniel Berteaud <daniel AT firewall-services DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 11:00:06 +0200

Until BackupPC v3, I was using a script to mount BackupPC's data as a standard FS using FUSE (backuppcfs.pl from Pieter Wuille Based on the backuppc-fuse script by Stephen Day).

This was very handy (I have a specific use case for low level VM backups which requires this). But I guess it won't work anymore with the new v4 storage model. And anyway, it required BackupPC::Attrib which seems to have disappeared in v4

Is there an alternative or something similar in v4 ? A fuse FS like this would be great, even better if it was bundled with BackupPC v4 sources

Cheers

Daniel

--

Logo FWS