BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrade from v4.0 to V4.1.3

2017-06-14 12:37:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrade from v4.0 to V4.1.3
From: Johan Ehnberg <johan AT molnix DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 19:37:08 +0300
On 06/14/2017 04:51 PM, Molly Hoffman wrote:
Can someone tell me the steps to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1.3 on Ubuntu 16.04.2? Do I need to remove v4.0? When I installed v4.0 I used the attached script. I am having some issues with v4.0 and want to upgrade.

Hi Molly,

I updated the wiki page with upgrading notes:

https://github.com/backuppc/backuppc/wiki/Installing-BackupPC-4-from-git-on-Ubuntu-Xenial-16.04-LTS

Essentially, the relevant difference is:
configure.pl --batch --config-path /etc/BackupPC/config.pl

There are also many steps you can skip since they do not relate to BackupPC version. See the comments for each script block.

Best regards,
Johan Ehnberg

--
Johan Ehnberg