BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Nightly does not find some pool files, but they exist

2017-05-04 11:42:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Nightly does not find some pool files, but they exist
From: "Dieter Fauth" <dieter.fauth AT web DOT de>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 17:42:15 +0200
Hi Holger,
The directories for the pools do not use the last bit (128 instead of 256
values).
It is documented somewhere.
So there is top level 10 and 12, but no 11.
Same with next level. D9 and D8 go into D8 since there is no D9 directory.

> I believe a file '11d9...' should be in 11/d9/, not in 10/d8/
> (off-by-one in
> both path components).

I would be interested in knowing why this design decision has been made.
(in case the devs reads this - not to complain, but to learn)

Leaves me back on my original issue. For me it smells like a bug.
Unfortunately perl is none of my languages.
If I am the only one seeing this, it could be my hard drive as well, the
migration caused quite some stress to it. A fresh one is already waiting...

PS: Sorry for the DOT, was a copy error I guess

--
Many regards, Dieter Fauth :-)