BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] cannot "su - backuppc" after script

2017-03-26 09:58:48
Subject: [BackupPC-users] cannot "su - backuppc" after script
From: Bob of Donelson Trophy <bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net>
To: backuppc-users list <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 08:57:50 -0500

I have been experimenting with the script originally submitted by Johan Ehnberg (thank you, BTW) to build on a VM (Virtualbox).

As BackupPC has been updated to 4.1.0 and the script (I believe) pulls the latest from github I have rerun the script to test the newer BackupPC version.

With each VM (version 4.0.0 and now 4.1.0?) I am unable to access the "su - backuppc" via commandline in order to "ssh-copy-id" keys to the clients. Any attempt to "su - backuppc" simply returns to the 'root' user prompt as opposed to the 'backuppc' "$" prompt. I have even backed out of the 'root' user to the admin user and tried "sudo su - backuppc" with the same result, a return to the admin user prompt.

Is there a different way I am to backuppc user login to "ssh-copy-id" with the newer BackupPC 4 version?

Is the script not being processed properly the backuppc user account creation?