BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Determine fastest growing clients

2017-03-21 04:23:51
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Determine fastest growing clients
From: martin f krafft <madduck AT madduck DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 20:57:50 +1300
Hello,

has anyone written a tool to identify the hosts that contribute most
to recent pool size increase? I see the data in pc/*/backups and
I could extract the size of new files for each backup, then
correlate with the time of the backup and then…

But there might well be an easier way.

Background: we've been running BackupPC in a non-profit setup for
many years. Over the last 2 months, the backup pool size has sharply
increased, and we're running out of space now, while there's no
money to stock up on disk space… :/

We can't figure out why. So we'd love to figure out which host this
is on, and which directories are adding to the pool increase.

Any clues how to easily find this out, so we can assess the
situation, use BackupPC_deleteFile as appropriate and possibly add
excludes?

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

the only real advantage to punk music is
that nobody can whistle it.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus AT madduck DOT net