BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Issues with sendmail

2017-03-03 15:14:51
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Issues with sendmail
From: David Williams <dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 16:40:08 +0000
All,

I have recently installed ssmpt as it was needed to send emails through my smtp provider.  This works just fine but I noticed that BackupPC has stopped sending email.  I went through the following link (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SSMTP#Security) but still no joy.

When I try to use the following I get the error on the last line.
$ /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_sendEmail -u dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com
Sending test email using /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -f BackupPC
sendmail: 550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

However, still as backuppc, if I do the following it works just fine and I got an email.  So, seems to me that the user backuppc does have permission.
echo "Test: Sendmail" | sendmail -v dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com

Any ideas on how I can further troubleshoot this?

Dave Williams
Senior Oracle MDM & Financials Consultant
Phone: +1 954 661 8862