BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Keep one full backup forever

2017-03-03 09:24:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Keep one full backup forever
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <carl.soderstrom AT real-time DOT com>
To: "absolutely_free AT libero DOT it" <absolutely_free AT libero DOT it>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 07:51:17 -0500
On 03/03 12:43 , absolutely_free AT libero DOT it wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using BackupPC 3.2.1-4 (official Debian package).I just (physically)
> removed one server, and I would like to keep one full backup forever.Is this
> configuration ok?
> $Conf{BackupsDisable} = '1';$Conf{FullKeepCnt} =  '1'$Conf{FullKeepCntMin} =
> '1';

It looks reasonable to me. When I disable backups I also set:
$Conf{FullPeriod} = -1;
$Conf{EMailNotifyMinDays} = 365;

You can set the latter to whatever value you like, but it just serves as a
reminder to you eventually that you have this backup sitting around taking
up space.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator