BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc 3.3.1-2ubuntu3 breaks pool graphs on the Status page.

2017-02-23 08:47:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc 3.3.1-2ubuntu3 breaks pool graphs on the Status page.
From: Alexander Moisseev <moiseev AT mezonplus DOT ru>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 16:27:29 +0300
On 23.02.2017 14:11, Kārlis Irmejs wrote:
> Perhaps this old workaround still works
>
> grant permissions 644 (read by others) to /var/log/backuppc/pool.rrd

`rrdtool create` only relied on umask to create its file. Common case is 640
backuppc:backuppc.
Probably BackupPC_rrdUpdate (in v4 or distribution patches in v3) should
enforce the permissions to 644.
I don't know if there are usage scenarios when having graph world readable is
not desirable. Can this be considered as security issue?