BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up a Mac client - Help needed

2017-02-20 17:40:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up a Mac client - Help needed
From: David Williams <dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 22:07:44 +0000
I believe I may have found the answer to this. Isn’t that always the case!!

Would I be correct in that the uid and gid parameters in the rsyncd.conf file would be the way to ensure which user and group the rsyncd process runs at?  So, in the case below, I would ensure that the uid = dwilliams??

Dave Williams
Senior Oracle MDM & Financials Consultant
Phone: +1 954 661 8862