BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Looking for IncrLevel in v4 init script

2017-02-07 13:58:40
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Looking for IncrLevel in v4 init script
From: Michael Huntley <michael AT huntley DOT net>
To: BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 10:57:43 -0800
I noticed that BackupPC would not start and gave a very cryptic message:

BackupPC cannot be started because important parameters are missing from
config.pl.
If you just upgraded BackupPC, please update /etc/backuppc/config.pl.

I noticed in the init script there is a grep for IncrLevel.  If it's
missing BackupPC will not start.  Since v4 is using reverse deltas there
isn't a need for this, is there? (The setting is missing from v4
documentation.)

Is this a hold-over from v2 to v3 upgrade?

For expediency I removed the check from my init script.

check_old_config()
{
     BAD=0
     CONF=/etc/backuppc/config.pl

     grep -q IncrLevel $CONF || BAD=1

     if [ "$BAD" = "1" ]; then
         echo "BackupPC cannot be started because important parameters
are missing from config.pl."
         echo "If you just upgraded BackupPC, please update
/etc/backuppc/config.pl."
         exit 1
     fi
}