BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Problems using the wiki script

2017-02-03 17:08:59
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Problems using the wiki script
From: Benjamin Lefoul <lef AT fedoraproject DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, cbarrat AT users.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 23:08:19 +0100
> I also added test/mkdir of /var/run/BackupPC to several of the
template init.d scripts, and removed these two lines
> from the Wiki install script<https://github.com/backuppc/backuppc/wik
i/Installing-BackupPC-4-from-git-on-
> Ubuntu-Xenial-16.04-LTS>, as well as the pointers to the now closed
issues/bugs:

> sed -i '/test/a\ \nif [ ! -d /var/run/BackupPC ]; then\n  mkdir -p
/var/run/BackupPC\n  chown backuppc:backuppc
> /var/run/BackupPC\n  chmod 0755 /var/run/BackupPC\nfi'
/etc/init.d/backuppc
> cp init.d/debian-backuppc /etc/init.d/backuppc
>
> Finally, I created an init.d/src/ubuntu-backuppc script, which is
currently identical to init.d/src/debian-backuppc.

Hi Craig,

Don't both Ubuntu and Debian use systemd now?
Could you add a systemd service file to the template. Here is the one
used in Fedora: https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/BackupPC.git/tr
ee/backuppc.service
If you could also comment on whether these old patches are now in
3.3.2: https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/BackupPC.git/tree
Tell me if you want me to raise a pull request for the service file or
any of the patches. This Fedora package is ugly but I inherited it
almost as-is. I'll take any help to make it more readable.

Thanks,

Benjamin Lefoul
lef AT fedoraproject DOT org