BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] skip folders with ignore file or whitelist

2017-02-01 03:27:08
Subject: [BackupPC-users] skip folders with ignore file or whitelist
From: Andreas Roth <andreas AT schosemail DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 09:26:19 +0100 (CET)
Hi all,

I want to backup a filesystem structure of a big data application. The
application having a data directory structure. Every directory
Which don't need to be backed up contains a kind of  ignore file.

Is there a possibility to configure backuppc to skip a complete folder when
there is a kind of .ignore file?
Otherwise I could create a list of dirs to backup with a prescript. I'm not if
it's possible to pass a directory list to
backuppc and save this whitelist.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Andreas