BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I'm done

2017-01-20 10:31:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I'm done
From: Bob of Donelson Trophy <bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 09:30:54 -0600

On 2017-01-20 09:11, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

On 20 January 2017 at 05:30, TE Dukes <tdukes AT palmettoshopper DOT com> wrote:
I've been running a Linux system since 1997.

I love a challenge, but this right here is why Linux will never be
mainstream.

Was recruited by un-named government agencies to develop statistical
computer models in Fortran back in the mid-70's. Paid good beer money.

This should not be this hard to setup. I can backup a remote Win 10 laptop
from work with rsync/ssh, but not with BackupPC.

I appreciate the help I received but I'll just use the Task Scheduler in
Windows to do the work.

Thanks!

rpm -e backuppc

You need a lot of patience to setup this system. Lots of it!

Get some 20-something year old worth his salt to do it for you:-)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,

Don't that I do not agree with the "get the 20-something  . . to do it" idea but, I have never found setting up BackuppPC that challenging. Yes, it does have small problems right now because Craig is pretty busy but, it has served me well for many, many years.

There are many articles that help. Now, if your trying to backup Windows 10 well good luck. Any then, on top of that challenge, it be a "Windows Guy" that thinks it (setup) should be handed to him . . . like Redmond just says "here ya go" . . . lol.

And finally, it's okay if "linux" is not for you.