BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] rrd images not displaying in web interface backuppc 3.3.1 + Ubuntu 16.04

2016-07-04 01:55:09
Subject: [BackupPC-users] rrd images not displaying in web interface backuppc 3.3.1 + Ubuntu 16.04
From: Chris Adamson <chris.adamson AT mcri.edu DOT au>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 05:33:13 +0000

Everyone,

The rrd images are not displaying correctly in Ubuntu 16.04/backuppc 3.3.1. The graph.png file is output when I run the command manually. There is no output when I access the image url directly in the browser and in the apache error log it says that it can’t access the pool.rrd file: permission denied. I put some debugging messages into the GeneralInfo.pm file and it is being run as www-data rather than backuppc. I have a previous installation 3.3.0 running on trusty, the graphics work in this despite the user being www-data. In the previous installation rrdtool is run as backuppc whereas in the new one it is run as www-data. Even if I change ownership and permissions on the pool.rrd file the apache log file still says permission denied. I tried the printenv.pl script on both installations and both have REMOTE_USER=”backuppc” which is correct and the other fields are identical apart from IP addresses.

Any ideas?

Chris.

Chris Adamson
Senior Research Officer
Developmental Imaging
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
The Royal Children’s Hospital
Flemington Rd Parkville, Victoria 3052 AUS
T: (03) 9936 6780
E: chris.adamson AT mcri.edu DOT au
www.mcri.edu.au

This e-mail and any attachments to it (the "Communication") are, unless otherwise stated, confidential, may contain copyright material and is for the use only of the intended recipient. If you receive the Communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete the Communication and the return e-mail, and do not read, copy, retransmit or otherwise deal with it. Any views expressed in the Communication are those of the individual sender only, unless expressly stated to be those of Murdoch Childrens Research Institute (MCRI) ABN 21 006 566 972 or any of its related entities. MCRI does not accept liability in connection with the integrity of or errors in the Communication, computer virus, data corruption, interference or delay arising from or in respect of the Communication.