BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] samba share backup question

2016-07-03 07:44:57
Subject: [BackupPC-users] samba share backup question
From: Mesterházy Attila Tibor <mester1202 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 13:25:10 +0200
Hi,

I have succesfully backed up samba share from a Ubuntu machine with my
Debian server but since some weeks it's not working.
Here is the log file I have:
Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\MACHINENAME\\SHARENAME -U USERNAME -E -d
1 full -Tc - rmkldb.Sat.log
full backup started for share SHARENAME
Xfer PIDs are now 10709,10708
WARNING: The "syslog" option is deprecated
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.6.3]
tar:712  Total bytes received: 24045
tarExtract: Got file './rmkldb.Sat.log', mode 0644, size 24045, type 0
   pool     644       0/0       24045 rmkldb.Sat.log
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 1 filesExist, 24045 sizeExist, 2851
sizeExistComp, 1 filesTotal, 24045 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share SHARENAME)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share SHARENAME)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
prior one (got 1 and 0 files versus 1)

I do not understand what's wrong since the file is backed up but it sais
there's a fatal error during xfer. What should I do to fix this problem?

Thank you for any help,
Attila Mesterhazy