BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup aborted (tar:712 Total bytes received: 86681)

2016-04-21 11:22:15
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted (tar:712 Total bytes received: 86681)
From: terryls <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 08:21:33 -0700
Yes,
This is an interesting issue. I just started to have this problem a few days
ago.
There isn't much history about this error on line.
Here's what I know.
It appears to be affecting Windows machines, my Linux machines backup fine.
I had a previous issue with scheduling which was resolved just prior to this
error.
It seems to be related to Windows updates but I'm not sure what the resolution
is.
One reason I beleive this is because it occurred after Windows updates ran, and
also, other posts releated to this error after updates as well.
Windows updates will sometimes disable file sharing causing backup issues
similar to this.
If I enable file sharing, the BackupPC program will accept the backup job for
several minutes and
appear to be working. eventually it will fail. Usually when a backup job is
going to fail, it does so immediately.
I have restarted the apache2 and backuppc services on the server. Updated and
rebooted various Windows clients. Currently I am waiting for the trashclean
process to complete before attempting another backup.