BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Non standard installation... failed (resend)

2016-03-17 22:08:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Non standard installation... failed (resend)
From: Mauro Condarelli <mc5686 AT mclink DOT it>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 03:07:48 +0100
Thanks Dan,
after fiddling a bit with strace (available as option on my synology) I found the problem.

Problem is I installed with "--no-fhs" and in this condition install process (configure.pl) and Lib.pm completely disregard whatever I define as confdir and force it to be "$topDir/conf" (see: Lib.pm#126).
I see this as a bug.
Same behavior seems present in LogDir definition (next line).

Did I miss something?
What is the right way to report such bugs? (if this indeed is a bug).

Thanks
Mauro