BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Rebuilding a backuppc installation

2016-03-13 21:12:03
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Rebuilding a backuppc installation
From: Brad Alexander <storm16 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 21:11:17 -0400
I'm getting kinda frustrated with the entire systemd thing on linux,. So what I'm wondering is what the procedure is (if it is possible) to convert the OS from Linux to FreeBSD, and converting the base filesystem to ZFS, preferably without losing my pool. The hardware in question is a Dell PE1850. If I'm going to use ZFS, I will convert the RAID 5 array to JBOD. Any other sage advice from folks running backuppc on FreeBSD?

As I type this, I suspect I am going to lose my pool, so I should probably archive the older backups. Is there any way to re-import them into the pool after the conversion is done?

Thanks,
--b