BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BPC 4 very slow

2016-02-07 11:26:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BPC 4 very slow
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 10:25:20 -0600
On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 5:03 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta
<gandalf.corvotempesta AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> <gandalf.corvotempesta AT gmail DOT com>:
>> I have some updates.
>> Now seems to working properly, no more deleted backups. I have #1, #3,
>> #4 ...... #8
>> So, the only missing backups are #0 and #2
>> #1 and #3 are both incremental unfilled, #4 is a filled full and from
>> #5 to #7 are incremental unfilled.
>> #8 (today) is incremental unfilled as it's the last backup.
>
> Still doesn't work.
> Every time BPC is removing a filled backup, the *whole* backup is
> removed, thus i'm still having
> many unavailable backup points. For example, now i'm missing #0, #2,
> #4, #8, #12, #15
>
> As i'm backing up once a day, having 6 unavailable backups meas that I
> have 6 days unavailable for restore.
>
> I've tried to change full backup mins and full backup counts in almost
> every possible combinations, nothing change,
> simply, it doesn't work.
>
> What I' would like to archieve is 1 full every 15 days, 1 incremental
> every other days, keeping 2 fulls and 30 incrementals
> for example:
>
> 1 full on February 1, many incrementals from February 2 to February
> 14, 1 full on February 15, many incrementals from February 16 up to
> February 29

How many filled backups are you configured to keep?  And have you
adjusted the FillCycle value accordingly?  According to the docs, if
there aren't any filled backups other than the most recent, then
FillKeepPeriod won't have any effect.   It looks like if you adjust
the Full/incremental schedules out of sync with default that gives v3
behavior you have to tweak the FillCycle to create the filled copies
you want to keep.