BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Garbage into XferLog.z - [SOLVED]

2016-01-19 22:30:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Garbage into XferLog.z - [SOLVED]
From: Bzzzz <lazyvirus AT gmx DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 04:30:08 +0100
On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 10:14:59 +1100
Adam Goryachev <mailinglists AT websitemanagers.com DOT au> wrote:

> On 14/01/16 07:22, Bzzzz wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > First, I already have had this problem for this particular machine
> > when I wanted it to be a client (garbage into NewFileList).
> > It runs under a Debian sid 64bits, just like half of my park
> > (1/2: sid 64bits & 32bits, 2/2: jessie 32bits).
> >
> > Today, it becomes the backuppc svr and I still have problems
> > (NewFileList is now empty).
> >
> > The main problem is:
> > /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_zcat pc/backuppcsvr.domain/XferLOG.z
> > only return garbage (a bit like if file had a different encoding,
> > which is not possible as all machines works with UTF-8); so,
> > no backup is made from the server itself:(
> >
> > * Where could it come from?
> >
> > * How to fix that?
> >
> Does this happen for all machines you are backing up, or just one?
> Can you provide a copy of the "garbage" file (ie, attach the xferlog.z
> if it isn't too big).

Apparently, I spoke too fast: I rebooted the backuppc svr after a
maintenance stop this morning and to my surprise I just notice that all
machines are ok on the backuppc I/F.

So, this weird problem was probably caused by an electric glitch when
installing the perl pkgs &| the backuppc pkg, as I reinstalled them all
five days ago.

JY