BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackuPC with Monit

2015-10-15 05:06:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackuPC with Monit
From: Alexander Moisseev <moiseev AT mezonplus DOT ru>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:47:02 +0300
On 15.10.15 10:47, madams9 wrote:
> Consequently, I'm setting Monit to tell me whether the process is running or
> not and that's it. This seems okay for now, but I continue to look into
> finding a way to test these things to determine whether they are running and
> at least sending an alert.

I think process monitoring is essential if several minutes of hours downtime of
the daemon is critical, but it not guarantees that all of your data was backed
up. If you hosts are always on the network may be you better want to know
backups was successful (or failed) last night instead of process monitoring?

https://github.com/moisseev/BackupPC_report

--
Alexander