BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Problem with BackupPC_Admin

2015-09-25 16:30:30
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Problem with BackupPC_Admin
From: Timothy Murphy <gayleard AT eircom DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:02:14 +0100
When I browse to <server>/backuppc and login I get the warning
----------------------
Error: Unable to connect to BackupPC server

This CGI script (/backuppc) is unable to connect to the BackupPC server on
localhost port -1.
The error was: unix connect: No such file or directory.
Perhaps the BackupPC server is not running or there is a configuration error.
Please report this to your Sys Admin.
----------------------
Despite this, BackupPC is running,
and I am able to choose a host, and see the LOG file for this host.

I take it the problem is with BackupPC_Admin,
perhaps not being run by an appropriate user.
I'm not sure exactly how BackupPC_Admin is started,
or what user runs it.

This problem started yesterday after I re-booted the server,
possibly into a new kernel.

Any explanation or suggestion gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net