BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] following directories are bogus

2015-07-24 07:56:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] following directories are bogus
From: Bob of Donelson Trophy <bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net>
To: backuppc-users list <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 06:54:33 -0500

I am receiving this email:

The following directories are bogus and are not being used by
BackupPC.  This typically happens when PCs are removed from the
backup list.  If you don't need any old backups from these PCs you
should remove these directories.  If there are machines on this
list that should be backed up then there is a problem with the
hosts file:
  - /var/lib/backuppc/pc/192.168.***.119

Regards,
PC Backup Genie

This was a 'test' host and the host was removed, weeks ago. I assumed that BackupPC (v3.3.0) would eventually remove the bogus directory. Searching the 'net' results in some very old ways of removing this directory. In the past I simply "rm -rf /var/lib/backuppc/pc/192.168.***.119" but I have read that it does not work properly. What is the correct manner to remove this bogus directory?

--

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846
www.donelsontrophy.com