BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc 4.0 usage

2015-07-01 10:33:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc 4.0 usage
From: Stephen <stephen AT email.unc DOT edu>
To: <bob AT donelsontrophy DOT net>, <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 10:31:18 -0400
Hi Bob,

I'm running 4.0a3 on a couple of Ubuntu 14.04 servers backing up ~100 linux machines. I haven't encountered any big problems other than a bug while trying to restore a directory to a different location, on a different host, via rsync. See <http://sourceforge.net/p/backuppc/mailman/message/34110740/> for details and patch.

I did have to make minor changes to the init.d/debian-backuppc script to make it work on ubuntu 14.04 (checking for/creating the pid dir and setting correct perms). Not yet reported upstream, but I'll send my patch to -devel shortly.

Everything else was really just understanding the differences between v3 and v4.

Hth!

Cheers,
Stephen