BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to change the name of a directory that has previous back

2015-06-10 13:14:53
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to change the name of a directory that has previous back
From: xpac <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 10:13:04 -0700
So,
I have backupPC backing up our Linux server environment.  Yesterday as I was
doing some maintenance,  I changed the name of a directory that normally gets
backed up, I also made the change in the config for that host via the BackupPC
web console.

This morning when I went to browse the backups I got this:

Error: Can't browse bad directory name /

I'm assuming because the backups it currently has have the old name of the
directory, while the backup it ran last night has the new name and is missing
the old name - I can still browse old backups just fine, just can't browse the
one from last night.

Right now I don't archive backups, and they get overwritten roughly every 2
months.  I want the directory to keep the new name I gave it yesterday.

What do I need to configure on BackupPC to make it happy?  Should I just ad a
blank directory with the old name so that it is happy until the old backups
using that name are gone?  Or is there an easier way to update everything now?