BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Issue with multiple restores

2015-05-14 11:36:25
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Issue with multiple restores
From: Andy Taylor <andy.taylor AT sift DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 16:09:58 +0100
Hello,

I'm currently looking at regularly restoring files out of BackupPC to a central location on our network for some of our users to have as a reference. I'm going to run this restore on a daily basis to ensure that the files are up to date.

This seems to work fine for all of our hosts except for one. The first restore works fine, but any subsequent restores fail right at the end with this error:

Remote[1]: Invalid remainder length 467096064 [receiver]
exiting after signal PIPE
restore failed: aborted by signal=PIPE

It only happens on this one host, and it only seems to happen at the very end of the restore. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

The only way I've managed to get around it is by adding --ignore-existing or --whole-file as extra RsyncRestoreArgs. This would seem to imply to me that rsync is failing when it tries to compare/overwrite a file on the receiver, but I'm not really sure.

Thanks,

Andy