BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 'Got fatal error during xfer' with no additional comment

2015-02-22 18:48:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 'Got fatal error during xfer' with no additional comment
From: "Carl T. Miller" <carl AT carltm DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 18:46:50 -0500
Have you tried running the tar command on the host
that is being backed up?  It's possible that you
will see errors that you wouldn't see otherwise.

Have you had previous successful backups and only
occasionally seen failures?  If so, it's possible
that a file is changing as tar is reading it.  Tar
will complete the backup, but will exit with an
error status.